Suggestions for using ASHBOLT Olive Oil
We are often asked for suggestions for where to use our olive oil. Our response is invariably – wherever you use a good quality olive oil (substitute everywhere), except when creating dishes with a very delicate flavour, due to the delightful robustness of our oil.
Contemporary Australian Cuisine and lifestyles are moving towards a reduction in the use of saturated fats. Our olive oil, rich in mono-unsaturated fats and anti-oxidants, provides the perfect alternative.
ASHBOLT Olive Oil serving suggestions
- On salads everyday
- On your morning toast with sliced tomatoes and cracked pepper and sea salt
- As a dipping oil, with or without dukka or freshly ground sea salt
- In place of butter (high in saturated fat)
- A drizzle on steamed vegies just before serving
- On roasted vegies for a healthier and more flavoursome twist
- For roasting cherry tomatoes in the oven with garlic, rosemary and olive oil
- In salad rolls for lasting flavour in the mouth
- On pasta - a speedy dinner is crushed garlic, basil or other herb, roasted cherry tomatoes, tossed into a hot pot of pasta.
- Add ASHBOLT Olive Oil, parmesan and serve as a special finish to a dinner party soup.