ASHBOLT Elderberry in the Kitchen
Ashbolt Elderberry Syrup's greatest attribute in the kitchen is the intensity of colour and flavour it brings to any dish.
For meat and desserts
- as a glaze in the final stage of cooking roast meats – duck, lamb, beef, pork or in stews, shanks or Bolognese.
- drizzle over barbeque meat – best exhibited on a white plate to display its glowing colour.
- drizzle on desserts – cheesecakes, icecream, yoghurt.
- drizzle on fresh fruit – strawberries, raspberries etc; on pancakes or crepes. Marinate chopped strawberries with equal parts elderberry and gin / vodka.
- in a sorbet or jelly; with apple or pear in an elderberry syrup tart or serve with apple crumble.
In non-alcoholic drinks
- take neat with crushed ice.
- with warm water (mix to taste) for a high anti-oxidant pick-me-up – add fresh cloves or ginger if desired.
- add to soda or mineral water.
- swirl in a cocktail with sparkling wine.
- add to gin, vodka, brandy or Campari – add soda water or tonic water as desired.
- Create your own recipes or look to English or Continental European cookbooks for elderberry favourites.
Visit our recipe page to find more great recipes using Ashbolt Elderberry syrup.